vt.& vi. 辞谢，谢绝（邀请等）；
There has been a sharp decline in profits this year.
We asked her to come to our party, but she declined.
The sun is declining.
The ground on each side declines gently.
Their position in international trade rapidly declined.
I declined his invitation.
The boy declined to answer a question.
He declined going to the party with her.
1. After years of neglect and decline the city was cleaning itself up.
2. The electoral fortunes of the Liberal Democratic party may decline.
3. He criticised the government for failing to halt economic decline.
4. The decline in marriage has been offset by a rise in cohabitation.
5. I think we can date the decline of Western Civilization quite precisely.
6. There wasn't such a big decline in enrollments after all.