He asked her to marry him but she refused.
We asked him to come, but he refused.
He cannot refuse if you ask politely.
I think he won't refuse me.
He made her an offer in this room, and she refused him.
She refused his gift.
I cannot very well refuse their offers.
She refused to tell us the truth.
He never refuses to help others.
They refused to bow to force.
They refused to consider the proposal.
He doesn't refuse her anything.
He refused me permission.
He refused me shelter.
The firm refused them a prolongation of the terms of payment.
Jack refused money to her.
They refused help to him.
The cinema owners have the right to refuse admission to anyone under eighteen years of age.
Refuse is collected twice a week.
The refuse was unloaded at the market dump.
The street-cleaning department takes away all refuse from the streets.
The truck carried off the refuse.
1. The District Council made a weekly collection of refuse.
2. I've always had a loud mouth, I refuse to be silenced.
3. I refuse to act that way when my kids fight.
4. Those who refuse to repent, he said, will be punished.
5. You were quite within your rights to refuse to co-operate with him.
6. They refuse to do anything about the real cause of crime: poverty.